How to kill USB Pendrive virus effectively?
Below are the procedures:
The following settings are set for once only:
- Make sure that your computer is in virus-free condition.
- In my computer, go to Tools Menu -> Folder Options
- Click View Tab.
- In Advance Settings:
- Click the radio button of "Show Hidden files and folders" under Hidden files and folders
- Uncheck the checkbox of "Hide extensions for known file types"
- Uncheck the checkbox of "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"
- (A warning message box will come out, just click OK button)
- Click Ok button.
- If you explorer your C drive or any drive, you will see something you have never seen. However, please don't panic. I will explain in What are these files mean?.
- Make sure you have plug in the USB pendrive.
- Explore your USB pendrive by following the instructions in my post entitled Prevent USB pen drive virus
- If the pendrive is infected by virus, you will see some files which are covered with shalow white color:
- If the files are not your files (I mean you know that there is no such files in your pendrive), you should delete the files.
- After that, you should scan the pendrive with anti-virus with latest updated virus definitions.
- Remove Fake Antivirus
- Safe Browser - Free 100% Protection!
- Correct way of using Browser to surf internet
- Why use Firefox rather than IE?
- How to kill a process effectively?
- Prevent Pendrive Virus forever
- Don't disable UAC or your computer will be attacked by malwares!
- Remove WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) Notifications effectively
- How to patch without running WGA validation