How to patch without running WGA validation? Follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Install and activate XP. For XP SP2 only (not XP SP3), you must also download and install the patch described in KB article 898461, which updates the installer program and ensures that your system will receive future updates.
- Step 2: In either version of XP, click Start, Control Panel, Security Center, Automatic Updates. Choose Download updates for me, but let me choose when to install them.
- Step 3: Whenever you see a yellow-shield icon in the notification area (previously known as the system tray), click the icon and then choose Custom install.
- Step 4: Scroll to the bottom of the patch window and uncheck Windows Genuine Advantage Notification (KB905474), as shown in Figure 1. (For more info, see Microsoft KB article 905474 to read the company's description of WGA Notification.)
Figure 1. Uncheck KB905474 to prevent WGA from being installed on the system.
- Step 5: After you click Install, check Don't notify me about these updates again in the resulting dialog to prevent WGA from being included in future Windows updates (see Figure 2). Click OK.
Figure 2. Check this option to avoid being offered WGA Notifications as part of future updates.
- Remove Fake Antivirus
- Safe Browser - Free 100% Protection!
- Correct way of using Browser to surf internet
- Why use Firefox rather than IE?
- How to kill a process effectively?
- Prevent Pendrive Virus forever
- Don't disable UAC or your computer will be attacked by malwares!
- Remove WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) Notifications effectively