How to download Microsoft Windows update without going through WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage)? WGA have created many problems. Where can we download the updates?
You can do without Automatic Updates and Windows Update/Microsoft Update, which can be hamstrung by WGA, by using The Software Patch. This is a free Web service that WS contributing editor Scott Dunn reviewed — along with a handful of other alternative update services.
Examples of patches can be downloaded:
Windows updates - March 2009
- Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
- Windows XP security updates
- Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool 2.8
- Windows Installer 4.5 fix (KB958655)
- DirectX 9.0c (March 2009 release)
- Internet Explorer 8 for Vista
- Windows Vista security updates
- Realtek HDMI audio driver 2.18
- Realtek High Definition audio driver 2.21
- Realtek High Definition audio driver 2.21 for Windows Vista
- iTunes 8.1
- Firefox 3.0.8
- Adobe Reader 9.1 (full standalone installation)
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 11.0.1 patch
- Flash Player 10.0.22.87 for Internet Explorer
- Flash Player 10.0.22.87 for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape
- Remove Fake Antivirus
- Safe Browser - Free 100% Protection!
- Correct way of using Browser to surf internet
- Why use Firefox rather than IE?
- How to kill a process effectively?
- Prevent Pendrive Virus forever
- Don't disable UAC or your computer will be attacked by malwares!
- Remove WGA (Windows Genuine Advantage) Notifications effectively
- How to patch without running WGA validation