Monday, February 7, 2011

MyPCCheck Removal GuideMyPCCheck Removal Guide

MyPCCheck Removal Guide
MyPCCheck is a fake antivirus program that CANNOT detect and remove any kind of virus, trojan or malware on computers. However, once MyPCCheck is installed in computer, it will start automatically and do a fake scan in computer. MyPCCheck will display fake warning to the user that the computer has been infected by malware and urge the user to purchase the full version of MyPCCheck. Do not be cheated MyPCCheck. It can do nothing but just produces fake alert only.

MyPCCheck can be removed by stopping the processes and removing the registry entry stated in the removal guide below.

MyPCCheck should be removed immediately!

MyPCCheck Removal Guide
Kill Process
(How to kill a process effectively?)
mypccheck.exe
My PC Check.exe

Delete Registry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My PC Check\NoRepair=1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My PC Check\NoModify=1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My PC Check\InstallLocation=C:\Documents and Settings\malwarehelp.org\My Documents\New Folder\
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My PC Check\UninstallString=C:\Documents and Settings\malwarehelp.org\My Documents\New Folder\setupapp7070010000.exe /uninstall
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My PC Check\DisplayName=My PC Check
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My PC Check\DisplayIcon=C:\Documents and Settings\malwarehelp.org\My Documents\New Folder\setupapp7070010000.exe,0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\setupapp7070010000.exe=C:\Documents and Settings\malwarehelp.org\My Documents\New Folder\setupapp7070010000.exe
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\My PC Check Inc\MyPCCheck\affid=7070010000
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\My PC Check Inc\MyPCCheck\virus_signatures=62171
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\My PC Check Inc\MyPCCheck\database_version=256
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\My PC Check Inc
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “MyPCCheck.exe”
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\My PC Check
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\My PC Check Inc\My PC Check

Unregister DLL files
C:\Documents and Settings\My PC Check\My Documents\New Folder\hookdll.dll

Remove Folders and Files
C:\Documents and Settings\My PC Check\My Documents\New Folder\hookdll.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\My PC Check\My Documents\New Folder\mypccheck.exe
C:\Windows\System32\My PC Check.exe

No comments:

Post a Comment